Thursday 13 August 2015

Stopping the worries!

Worries/anxiety is something I suffer with massively and I have done from a very young age. I was probably about 7 when the worries started properly and my parents have tried to help me massively as I've grown up which I'm ever so grateful for. So I've decided that I would write about what I do to calm and stop any worries that I have or what I do to help my anxiety, I hope that this could maybe help just one person who may read this.

When the worries are really bad it's always there on your mind so I like to do something which I love and something else which I can focus my attention on.  For me it's riding and caring for my beautiful horse, I love to go for a ride across the fields and even just grooming and caring for him really helps to take my mind off whatever the worry may be so just do a activity that you love.



Another thing which I suffer from is anxiety which is sort of the same as the worries but it's not sometimes my anxiety is triggered but I don't always know what's triggering it, sometimes I have this for a couple of days at a time and what I find helps the most is having a really deep, warm bath with a lovely soft, sweet smelling bath bomb and getting into something really comfortable (I love my massive fluffy polar bear onesie😊) this really helps me to relax which really helps me to feel less anxious.

Another thing which helps and I think this helps the best is getting into a series. My current favourite is pretty little liars, I'm obsessed!  Again this just stops my mind from wiring and thinking about silly 


A final thing which really helps is lighting a lovely smelling candle. I'm. Currently loving the Yankee candle 'Bermuda Beach' it's such lovely sweet/fresh scent which I love and it's a beautiful light pink colour which is a lovely bonus! 

The last thing I do is just think positive! It isn't going to last forever and everyone has down days. You just have to stay positive and think about good times and fun memories and I always try to think, I'm not alone. Lots of people go through it and there's nothing weird and nothing that make me different to anyone else and I'm not alone.

I hope this helps someone who suffers from anxiety or worries as I really do know how horrible it can feel. It would be amazing if any of this could ever help someone.

Thank you for reading :) 

Megs x

No comments:

Post a Comment